Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 10099 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2020, 05:35:41 PM »
Do we know if we're playing Sat or Sun yet?

Not yet
Let me tell you something cucumber

SteveTodd

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2020, 05:57:35 PM »
I have sky sports, but not BT, is there anyway that I can pay to watch the wasps matches other than a 'long BT commitment' (don't mind a one off fee)? Or maybe there is a live link on the internet?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2020, 05:58:59 PM »
I have sky, but not BT, is there anyway that I can pay to watch the wasps matches other than a 'long' (don't mind a one off fee)? Or maybe there is a live link on the internet?

If you are a STH Wasps will give you a code to watch.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2020, 06:08:54 PM »
Exeter and Bristol would probably prefer Saturday, as it would give them an extra day before the Racing match. If Sale qualify they would prefer Sunday.

If it ends up Exeter v Sale PRL will again be in an awkward position - do they help an English team hoping to win European finals the following week, or a team who they have already bent-over backwards to help?

Covkid48

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2020, 06:16:16 PM »
For me Exeter should get the choice for finishing top of the prem. They’ve already done Sale a favour so they should just have to suck it up and get on with it

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2020, 06:29:57 PM »
It should be Saturday. That is the day that all clubs have been expecting and it already feels that we are making this up as we go along. 

I think clubs will want to know pretty quick as I'm sure Wasps at least are planning to organise something at the Ricoh for fans to watch the game on screen somehow.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2020, 06:38:20 PM »
Whoever plays Sale will be on the Sunday.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2020, 06:48:43 PM »
Some real positives in that game again. Set piece, clinical finishing, good discipline. Individually thought Robson and Fekitoa stood out. We actually finished up 3 points away from Exeter!

PestNproud

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2020, 06:53:28 PM »
Surpriisngly, to me, Bristol may be prioritising the Challenge Cup -- apparently Lam's focus this season (and he does seem to take the long view, perhaps seeing it as better prep for a Champions Cup push next season) -- and realistically their squad depth may be too thin to go for both.   

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2020, 07:00:53 PM »
I have sky sports, but not BT, is there anyway that I can pay to watch the wasps matches other than a 'long BT commitment' (don't mind a one off fee)? Or maybe there is a live link on the internet?

You can pay for a one month BT subscription - hopefully will give you two wasps games in there but you’ll also get the Euro finals - £25 I think

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2020, 07:56:54 PM »
I have sky, but not BT, is there anyway that I can pay to watch the wasps matches other than a 'long' (don't mind a one off fee)? Or maybe there is a live link on the internet?

The ST doesn't usually cover the play-offs (Premiership or Europeans) - they are extra ticket you have to pay for.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2020, 08:17:21 PM »

The ST doesn't usually cover the play-offs (Premiership or Europeans) - they are extra ticket you have to pay for.

Normally yes but no decision on this season yet I understand.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2020, 08:33:22 PM »

Yes, I posted on this recently here.
You can get BT on Sky on a 1 month rolling contract, 25 GBP- you may have to have Sky Sports.
Switch it on via their website. It has a button to switch on, not sure how you switch it off.
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 08:36:42 PM by westwaleswasp »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2020, 08:36:49 PM »
BT on Sky takes 30 days to go live.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2020, 08:39:42 PM »
With the job seemingly done so long ago I've been impressed with the continued drive.

2nd place gives us top seeding for the European games next season doesn't it? It has been a while since I saw the new format details.

Seeds 1-4 are based on playoffs, so champions will be 1, losing finalists 2, losing semi finalists 3 and 4.