Always a Wasp

Author Topic: BaaBaa’s game off?  (Read 9942 times)

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BaaBaa’s game off?
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2020, 05:28:05 PM »
When did London go tier2? Were they sitting 2 to a table?

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2020, 05:57:38 PM »
When did London go tier2? Were they sitting 2 to a table?

2 brain cells to a table

Sounds like they are a self-centred disgrace prepared to sacrifice the well-being of others (health and financial) because they fancy a meal out.

(Fine for Sarries players, they know it takes a few years for anything to catch up with them, and they still get to keep their titles.)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 06:01:32 PM by Tervueren »

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2020, 06:28:43 PM »
Genuine  sympathy for Sarries supporters; it must be heartbreaking.  It seems as if the club is  hell-bent on suicide. 

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2020, 06:38:16 PM »
Genuine  sympathy for Sarries supporters; it must be heartbreaking.  It seems as if the club is  hell-bent on suicide.

Not really if you look at twatter. Quite a few think it's alright. Stupid people
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2020, 06:47:26 PM »
I do hope that the Baa Baa players that didn't break the rules get their match fees and those that did break the rules get sweet FA.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2020, 06:59:37 PM »
I do hope that the Baa Baa players that didn't break the rules get their match fees and those that did break the rules get sweet FA.

Yes but the RFU lose a bucketload from TV and Sponsorship - possibly having to pay back money already received. A few people on twitter saying they have lost a days work. They should be done for bringing the game into disrepute- worse than Cipriani.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2020, 08:07:29 PM »

Yes but the RFU lose a bucketload from TV and Sponsorship - possibly having to pay back money already received. A few people on twitter saying they have lost a days work. They should be done for bringing the game into disrepute- worse than Cipriani.

Presumably the BaaBaas have lost their portion of TV and other money?

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2020, 08:09:48 PM »
Neils   -  yes, I know what you mean, and for those eyes-shut ears-closed  my club can do no wrong' 'individuals I have little or no sympathy.  For those who sadly believed (or hoped) that their club couldn't be so devious and stupid  and  were  not cheating  at an A* level  grade  I do feel sympathy.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2020, 08:22:25 PM »
How about the few non UK based players who have travelled for this game and now don't get to play or earn the money they deserve?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2020, 08:24:18 PM »

Presumably the BaaBaas have lost their portion of TV and other money?

You would assume so. I heard that this game was the last of both Sky and Quilter so can't imagine they will be saying keep the money it doesn't matter.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2020, 10:38:40 PM »
I believe the non-English based contingent are from the Fiji squad so would be here for the Autumn Nations Cup.

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2020, 10:59:22 PM »
Timeline from the Telegraph

Monday October 19
Barbarians players enter their bio-secure bubble at JW Marriott Grosvenor House hotel in Park Lane, London

Tuesday October 20
First training session at Latymer Upper School Sports Ground

‘Games night’ among squad before first breach of Covid-19 protocols when it is thought a group seven Barbarians, including Chris Robshaw, leave the bubble without permission. Initially, nobody is caught

Wednesday October 21
Second training session at Latymer Upper School Sports Ground

Second breach of Covid-19 protocols when 12 Barbarians players, led by Richard Wigglesworth and Jackson Wray, leave the bubble without permission for a meal in Oxford Circus. They are caught this time, and are isolated from remainder of squad upon their return

Thursday October 22
The RFU are made aware of protocol breach

Twelve players sent home from the Barbarians bubble and officials attempt to salvage the fixture. The RFU begins its investigation

Friday October 23
Barbarians raise a new 23-man squad after securing agreement from PRL for another seven Premiership players to join their squad who were already in the England training squad. Players from Cardiff and Newport also drafted in. RFU medical team to examine if Covid-safe at lunchtime

RFU investigation finds out about Tuesday breach, confirming that biosecure bubble no longer safe

It is also identified that one player, who is thought to gone out on Tuesday night but not Wednesday night, is still with the squad

At a lunchtime conference, it is outlined that playing the fixture might risk England’s entire autumn schedule

Fixture is cancelled

Barbarians players including Robshaw, Wigglesworth, Wray, Fergus McFadden and Joel Kpoku issue social media apologies

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2020, 06:33:23 AM »
My view is that the players should be required to pay significant compensation to any who have lost out financially.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2020, 07:51:34 AM »
I think there should be a full list of names released so the innocent can be acknowledged.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2020, 07:57:48 AM »
I think there should be a full list of names released so the innocent can be acknowledged.
+1