Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Today's Match Thread  (Read 7375 times)

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2021, 05:14:31 PM »
Our drop off at 9 without Robson is huge. Absolutely no fluency in our attack.

Honestly I've been wondering whether we should use the marquee signing on an experienced scrum half. Because we rely a lot on Robson, and Porter & Wolstenholme just aren't there yet.

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2021, 05:30:33 PM »
Well we can't blame Hamish for any of that.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2021, 05:32:02 PM »

Oh yes we can. We were sh1t but he was worse.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2021, 05:40:43 PM »

Oh yes we can. We were sh1t but he was worse.

Once again, I wasn't impressed.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2021, 06:12:11 PM »
I thought the ref was OK until the end. Not sure how Cowan was supposed to be supporting his own weight while lying across the ruck.

But we didn't deserve to win it. And I didn't expect us to, some signs of desire there though so I'm not too disappointed.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2021, 06:47:39 PM »
Just plain poor. We were good enough. Ok a few odd inconsistent decisions by the ref but overall we were just poor.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2021, 07:16:25 PM »
I thought the ref was OK until the end. Not sure how Cowan was supposed to be supporting his own weight while lying across the ruck.

From the Ref's viewpoint, Cowan's hands weren't on the ground. The fact that he'd have needed to be 8 foot 9 to be supporting his own weight was irrelevant to the ref. We got away with a very similar turn over in the final play away to Worcester last season when Jack won a penalty. I was sat behind the posts, with the opposite view to the ref and there was no way Jack was supporting his own weight on that occasion.

Personally I was confused as to why we kept Jeff on for so long. He was clearly exhausted after 60 minutes and the scrum just gave away penalty after penalty. I know not all were conceded by him, but maybe Nicky Thomas could have alleviated some of the pressure and given Harris more of a chance. Whilst I doubt Ospreys would let their best tighthead go out on loan, it seems odd to sign a player, pick him on the bench but not trust him to do a job with 20 minutes to go, baring in mind Jeff could have gone down injured in the first minute.

I thought Phipps, Meehan and Jackson controlled the second half very well. We all know Jacob's skills and he will regain his form, but I've yet to be convinced by Porter. When your 10 has to jump 3 feet in the air to catch what should have been a straightforward pass, your passing isn't good enough.

Garuda

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2021, 09:48:14 PM »
Too many errors, too many penalties, poor decision making, the inability to breach defences...it's becoming a recurring theme. As is my depression on a Saturday afternoon.

At least week I'll be able to console myself by watching England win. Oh, hold on a minute....... :(
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 09:52:29 PM by Garuda »

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2021, 10:16:14 PM »
We're deep in the shot, and are trying so hard to "do something" we just get deeper. I can't remember us being this poor in the final third for a long time. And the ill discipline is absolutely killing us

Jack9909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2021, 10:19:42 PM »
So incredibly dumb again today. No one else in the league makes as many bad decisions as us.

When will we learn that we're not exeter and cant do the tap and go? There's a reason no one else has done that for the last 10 years and that's because it's bloody hard to execute. Every time we try it we lose the ball without fail.

Infuriating, even though we didn't play well should have won that today. The team are just absolutely brain dead.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2021, 10:31:20 PM »
Don't confuse being in their 22 in the last five minutes with we should have won. We played 37 minutes of the second half in our 22. Our defence saved us but our penalty count was, frankly, ridiculous and naive.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2021, 11:24:21 PM »
Very disappointing result. We gave too many penalties away and didn’t take our chances,

Some players eg Tom, Brad and Gaby worked hard but we are really missing the likes of Joe, Alfie, Dan and the scrummaging of Kieran.

I really hope we can pick up a victory next week.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2021, 11:45:02 PM »

I blame him for the Irish try. Kick through from Josh, and he was blatantly blocked/pushed away from the ball, worse than Dobbys in the England game, which I felt should have been a penalty to Wasps, instead Irish work their way up the pitch and score.

HCWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2021, 01:49:03 AM »
It might be uncomfortable at times but we have a lot of young/inexperienced players currently and they are learning. We had c60 international caps on the pitch today, the Irish had nearly 400.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2021, 06:15:16 AM »
It might be uncomfortable at times but we have a lot of young/inexperienced players currently and they are learning. We had c60 international caps on the pitch today, the Irish had nearly 400.

Good point.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!