Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Will Rowlands  (Read 1657 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Will Rowlands
« on: March 09, 2021, 03:20:12 PM »
Not selected for Wales 23 to play Italy. Is there any reason (rested, Covid bubble) other than he seems to have fallen out of favour with Pivac? I wonder if he's beginning to regret his move to Newport? Would we be able to take him back if he decided to change his mind or does the team think we already have made plans to replace him at lock?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Will Rowlands
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 03:36:03 PM »
In the immediate short term it's good news for Wasps.  Another thread discusses Odogwu potentially getting a short run off the bench to prevent him from eloping to Italy.  Is Pivac doing something similar?  Generate enough interest in the player to get him signed up to a Welsh region, then drop him.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 03:38:12 PM »
I suspect Wasps have made moves to replace him and he is kind of stuffed. You kind of hope not but.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 03:45:44 PM »
If the rumours stand up it looks like Stooke will replace him. You'd have to imagine without the international carrot he'd not be leaving for the Dragons. I'm sure he believes he can force his way back in so backtracking on the move seems highly unlikely.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 03:47:03 PM »
In the immediate short term it's good news for Wasps.  Another thread discusses Odogwu potentially getting a short run off the bench to prevent him from eloping to Italy.  Is Pivac doing something similar?  Generate enough interest in the player to get him signed up to a Welsh region, then drop him.
Can’t see Pivac doing that as only 4 teams for a good 2nd rower to come from.Just annoys me their  rules mean we lose a great player.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 03:53:23 PM »
Hill and Beard returned back to form coupled with them not needing to be released back to their clubs to have to play during rest weeks like Rowlands has had to in a struggling side, returning to Wales will provide that benefit for him.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 04:30:49 PM »
Is it just me or has Rowlands looked exhausted in recent games? Could be a factor behind Pivac’s non-selection.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 04:41:41 PM »
Has looked knackered.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 04:53:03 PM »
He's officially signed for the Dragons hasn't he? So no going back.

I'd definitely continue to pick him. He looks tired but is still among our top tacklers each game, and gives away far fewer penalties than Gaskell.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 05:51:36 PM »
He's officially signed for the Dragons hasn't he? So no going back.

I'd definitely continue to pick him. He looks tired but is still among our top tacklers each game, and gives away far fewer penalties than Gaskell.
Hasn’t stopped Dragons? From trying to poach coach from Cardiff already signed for next season

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2021, 02:46:43 PM »
This is mental. We criticise Eddie and England for not using the game against Italy to blood new players, casting a wider net. As soon as Wales drop a player for a game against Italy it's full bore conspiracy theory time.

Coaches, apparently, can't win.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2021, 07:43:52 PM »
Feel a tad sorry for Will. Lovely guy. He does seem to be a bit low on energy, but he is not alone, considering how short our off season was.

Re : Stooke, I know little about him. Would he be a worthy replacement for Will?

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2021, 08:29:55 PM »
This is mental. We criticise Eddie and England for not using the game against Italy to blood new players, casting a wider net. As soon as Wales drop a player for a game against Italy it's full bore conspiracy theory time.

No, despite Eddie’s faults he hasn’t asked a player to change clubs and then not used him.

Still ,having said that , Just to see how far he could carry things- ‘Gee Mate, you know... I don’t see you as a Wasp , I see you more of a Falcon . Why don’t you go work on your swooping skills’.

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 09:49:40 AM »

No, despite Eddie’s faults he hasn’t asked a player to change clubs and then not used him.

Still ,having said that , Just to see how far he could carry things- ‘Gee Mate, you know... I don’t see you as a Wasp , I see you more of a Falcon . Why don’t you go work on your swooping skills’.

Or more likely maybe 'I don't see you as a Wasp, but I could see you in property development.  Why don't you go and look at a few Estate Agents?'