Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Brad up today  (Read 5442 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Brad up today
« on: December 14, 2021, 12:49:17 PM »
Rumoured
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Brad up today
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 01:12:30 PM »
I wonder how he would plead?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 01:25:58 PM »
I wonder how he would plead?

It's a dreadfully loaded system - plead guilty and we'll reduce. Argue and we hit you with the full load.
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 01:29:01 PM »
Wonder if any player has taken in a tape to show what a ref has deemed safe in the same game compared to own penalty/ red card for dangerous play ? I know could risk ‘contempt’ ban weeks, for  contesting charge, but plenty of examples this week, before and after.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 03:27:25 PM »
Wonder if any player has taken in a tape to show what a ref has deemed safe in the same game compared to own penalty/ red card for dangerous play ? I know could risk ‘contempt’ ban weeks, for  contesting charge, but plenty of examples this week, before and after.

You can't use the 'why didn't you ping him also then?' defence. Same as asking a police officer why he didn't pull the two cars that overtook you for speeding as well.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2021, 04:29:04 PM »
Has to plead guilty and hope that they merit the red card and missing the rest of the game as punishment enough, which I think has happened before?

Is this Brad's second red card of the season?

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 04:30:22 PM »
Has to plead guilty and hope that they merit the red card and missing the rest of the game as punishment enough, which I think has happened before?

Is this Brad's second red card of the season?
Yes, he got one for 2 x yellow cards earlier in the season, no subsequent ban.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2021, 05:32:50 PM »

You can't use the 'why didn't you ping him also then?' defence. Same as asking a police officer why he didn't pull the two cars that overtook you for speeding as well.

But it would be interesting to get a citing officer/ boards view on a refs decision making!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2021, 06:13:37 PM »

But it would be interesting to get a citing officer/ boards view on a refs decision making!
It would, but it won't happen and shouldn't as it would bring the game in to disrepute. They certainly aren't going to say it was a badly refereed game, a bad decision among many, and so no further sanction.

Best we can hope for is they think the red was punishment enough.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2021, 10:22:52 PM »
Hearing is this evening :

Disciplinary Hearings – Round 1

Tuesday 14th December 2021

6:12 pm (GMT)