Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Brad up today  (Read 5422 times)

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
Re: Brad up today
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2021, 01:37:08 PM »
Can we claim that the Rugby Disciplinary Panel has made it impossible for us to field a team, so have effectively ruling us out of the next round?

Would make some interesting legal shennanigans.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2021, 01:51:57 PM »
Mid range? Where did Farrell's assault measure up ffs?

Mid range suggests some sort of deliberate action, not a reaction in a split second.....mad

I'm not sure if Kilcoyne even noticed.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2021, 01:54:35 PM »
Roger E  -  I was wondering that! 

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2021, 02:01:54 PM »

+1
Let me tell you something cucumber

BrackenandMacken

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2021, 02:03:38 PM »
Absolutely comical.

The thing that really grates with me is that the disciplinary process actually gives officials even greater power.

Brad gets a very very dubious red card, 4 week ban.

POM has definitely 1 arguably 2 red card incidents, both of which are actively ignored by the man with the whistle and because of this he can continue playing for the next month.

Utter madness.

I really hope we don't play this weekend.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2021, 02:15:28 PM »

Someone obviously wasn't as my smites increased by 2 following that post  :)

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2021, 02:27:56 PM »

Someone obviously wasn't as my smites increased by 2 following that post  :)

I find the applaud/smite reactions on here quite strange, I seldom post anything particularly controversial, but if I do, it doesn't seem to provoke a reaction, yet sometimes the most innocuous of comments does. Unless I just don't notice until way after and therefore don't know which post was applauded or smited (is that even a word? Perhaps should be smitten?) Either way, I neither know, nor particularly care to be honest.

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2021, 02:55:01 PM »
Firstly let me say that I’m all in favour of making it safer for the players, as I’ve got several pals who don’t seem to have much of a memory now they’re old.

But IMHO this ban on Brad just sends the wrong message.

1. It’s an innocent rugby clash which didn’t cause any injury to either player.
2. It was harshly dealt with by the incompetent Ref and was not worth a yellow let alone a red.
3. What’s the outcome of this, will it make the game safer? IMHO No it will make it more dangerous because if I’m the ball carrier I’m going to duck to make sure the tackler looks like he’s tackling me high and he may get a red card. And I won’t get hurt anyway.

Crazy and stupid given O’Mahoney and De Allende should have gone along for a dangerous clear out and blatant shove in the back.

Where is this beautiful game going?

MarleyWasp

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2021, 02:57:30 PM »
Lee has confirmed the intention to appeal: https://twitter.com/bobby_bridge/status/1471129902057467917?s=20

I can't see the appeal hearing being before the weekend, which would rule him out of any matches until it is heard.

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2021, 03:56:10 PM »
IMHO No it will make it more dangerous because if I’m the ball carrier I’m going to duck to make sure the tackler looks like he’s tackling me high and he may get a red card. And I won’t get hurt anyway.

This is something that's been troubling me for a while now, how can officials make judgements on whether the ball carrier is deliberately trying to create that situation? It really is a potential minefield.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2021, 04:53:06 PM »
IMHO No it will make it more dangerous because if I’m the ball carrier I’m going to duck to make sure the tackler looks like he’s tackling me high and he may get a red card. And I won’t get hurt anyway.

This is something that's been troubling me for a while now, how can officials make judgements on whether the ball carrier is deliberately trying to create that situation? It really is a potential minefield.

I've had the view that the "choke tackle" ruling mean that people go into contact as low as possible and as such they not only endanger themselves, but also make legal tackling harder/higher risk. And similar with the Laws around the breakdown - if applied per the WR guidelines (which our w/e ref seemed not to have seen) the whole of the tackle zone is much safer.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2021, 05:06:19 PM »
RogerE .....  join the party!. I have (obviously) no idea who this idiot (the Phantom Raspberry Blower) is and can only apologise that you got smited - tho' it doesn't hurt. It's just rude.  Presumably it is someone who doesn't have a life.  PS  I've applauded you to even it out.  Merry Christmas.  Another applaud later.  Maybe it's SISU.

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2021, 06:28:43 PM »
Has there ever been a case of the team appealing winning the case? Wasps must feel strongly about it to go ahead.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2021, 06:35:28 PM »
Has there ever been a case of the team appealing winning the case? Wasps must feel strongly about it to go ahead.

Didn't Nathan's red against Saints get overturned on appeal?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!