Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 6858 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2022, 04:38:19 PM »
His past is just that. We all make mistakes. I should never have stayed on in school past O Levels. I know that now. He likely knows the mistakes he made.

A very Wadesque type of player, albeit a bit chunkier. Always looking for the ball, pops up everywhere, but in the Premiership, only Wasps and Quins offer a home for that type of player. Defence? No worse than Wade. He certainly isn't very tall, much the same as Wade. One handed ball carrying always worries me ...

But, yes, as long as he comes on sensible money, I would have him.

Having said that, Fissler at The Rugby Paper reports he has signed (or will) for Bristol, as do the Ruck:

https://www.ruck.co.uk/transfer-gabriel-ibitoye-set-to-make-gallagher-premiership-return/
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 04:56:55 PM by NellyWellyWaspy »

MarleyWasp

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2022, 06:16:53 PM »
Disappointed we aren't recruiting Ibitoye. He really was a stand out for Tel Aviv Heat and looked to have rediscovered his love for the sport as well.

Can’t tell if you’re joking or not here. 😂😂

Not joking. I watched every TAH match and he was a revelation at 13. Also worth looking at Sebastian Jobb, a South African Wing/Full Back who looked like the sort of player who would fit in well at Wasps.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2022, 06:21:31 PM »
Given Wasps signings this past year, it seems we'll recruit young and/or championship players. And looking at Frost and Crossdale, that's not a bad idea. But will we get a quality 12 from there?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2022, 06:38:33 PM »
Given Wasps signings this past year, it seems we'll recruit young and/or championship players. And looking at Frost and Crossdale, that's not a bad idea. But will we get a quality 12 from there?

Lee has already said that there are few players putting themselves forward in the Championship this season. He indicated they picked up the best from last season. Could be kidding of course.
Let me tell you something cucumber

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2022, 10:12:07 PM »

Lee has already said that there are few players putting themselves forward in the Championship this season. He indicated they picked up the best from last season. Could be kidding of course.

In that case I have no idea where we'll recruit.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2022, 10:59:04 PM »

We have one already but it may take 2-3 seasons. Olly Hartley according to Ugo Monye today.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2022, 12:02:03 AM »

We have one already but it may take 2-3 seasons. Olly Hartley according to Ugo Monye today.

Does he play 12? Ugo said 6ft 4 and definitely one to watch, as well as Ugo’s nephew but that just could be biased

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2022, 12:39:58 AM »

Does he play 12? Ugo said 6ft 4 and definitely one to watch, as well as Ugo’s nephew but that just could be biased

Could've sworn Ollie Monye shares same surname, but not actually related to Ugo.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2022, 12:40:48 AM »

That's one I reckon could be called up, but no idea if he's ready or capable.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2022, 04:27:57 AM »

Yep plays 12 and a starts for Ampthill, which Is a great achievement for his age. Same age as Charlie Atkinson and definitely one for the future. Played a lot at 15 for the U18s too.
Hopefully will get some more opportunities as he has the size and the skills to be a great asset

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2022, 07:44:21 AM »

Could've sworn Ollie Monye shares same surname, but not actually related to Ugo.

He is his nephew. He has another nephew also in another team, coming through. Are they at Bath?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2022, 08:18:53 AM »
Did they not get game time in the Prem Cup matches. Hartley was v good and Monye fast.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2022, 08:57:20 AM »
They are both good, but we shall see. Monye is a one step pass scrum half (he turns, takes a step then passes). Something I do not like, but, maybe he will get over that.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2022, 11:39:47 AM »
Hartley is in England's U20 squad announced today.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2022, 11:44:23 AM »
I think Hartley will get time in the 23 next season or even at the tail end of this. Even so, with the likely departures of Fekitoa and Mills I still think we’ll need another 12 and a 13.