Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 6859 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: January 02, 2022, 08:34:05 AM »
Malakai has turned down Munster and holding out for France. Wasps looking for an outside centre.

Article on Launch who hopes to be ready for Euro matches to put himself in the England reckoning. Selfishly let's hope all Euro matches are Covid casualties.

Match coverage of yesterday and Irish.

Other - Ibitoye likely to Bristol.
TRP normal of salary cap investigation good and also not warranted. Mixed views.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 08:53:53 AM »
Article on Launch who hopes to be ready for Euro matches to put himself in the England reckoning. Selfishly let's hope all Euro matches are Covid casualties.

That ship may now have sailed, as EJ might not consider him high enough up the list of possible any longer, especially after a long spell out.

CV2

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 09:19:04 AM »
Wouldn’t mind Ibitoye myself, especially if Watson and Minozzi were moving on in the summer.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 09:22:51 AM »
Yes, we must be looking for a 13. I hope we’re looking for a 12 as well and not pinning anything on Mills imminent return - that would be a mistake.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 09:30:15 AM »
Yes, we must be looking for a 13. I hope we’re looking for a 12 as well and not pinning anything on Mills imminent return - that would be a mistake.

+1
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 09:44:46 AM »

Well, Mills is out of contract this year, and I cannot believe Lee has offered him a renewal.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2022, 10:00:20 AM »
Disappointed we aren't recruiting Ibitoye. He really was a stand out for Tel Aviv Heat and looked to have rediscovered his love for the sport as well.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2022, 10:01:16 AM »

Well, Mills is out of contract this year, and I cannot believe Lee has offered him a renewal.
Do they do play as you go” type contracts in rugby? Mills needs to play before he’ll get offered a contract anywhere so might be willing to take something short term with options?

His alternative might be the championship.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2022, 11:01:14 AM »

Do they do play as you go” type contracts in rugby? Mills needs to play before he’ll get offered a contract anywhere so might be willing to take something short term with options?

His alternative might be the championship.

It does exist in some places. The Championship is likely a better option. The problem is, at some point, you can't earn enough money and need to find regular income.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2022, 11:15:11 AM »
Surely we must be looking for 2 12’s, I would be amazed if Mills isn’t let go.

We are likely to lose at least 7/8 players at the end of the season. I would like to get in 5 good replacements.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2022, 11:54:03 AM »
Iirc a while back Watson had spent a couple of years injured/playing irregularly/not getting a run of form etc. He came back to fitness and had a small run of good games as his contract was up. We signed him again, and by and large have not been rewarded. Mills could be in a similar boat if he gets back to fitness in the next few months.
Even if he recovers fitness and performs, with his record, I would be loathe to be planning on him being the no 1 Wasp 12. I can't imagine Lee doing anything other than looking for a 12 next year.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2022, 12:31:54 PM »
Iirc a while back Watson had spent a couple of years injured/playing irregularly/not getting a run of form etc. He came back to fitness and had a small run of good games as his contract was up. We signed him again, and by and large have not been rewarded. Mills could be in a similar boat if he gets back to fitness in the next few months.
Even if he recovers fitness and performs, with his record, I would be loathe to be planning on him being the no 1 Wasp 12. I can't imagine Lee doing anything other than looking for a 12 next year.

Would one 12 be enough, I agree it would be silly to have Mills as our first choice 12 for next season. Gopperth will struggle to get much game time next season. So if we have to let Mills go, as we don’t want another Watson. We surely must get a replacement for Mills and Gopperth

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2022, 02:48:38 PM »
He may well be looking for two, I guess a lot depends on Jimmy.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2022, 03:19:27 PM »
Disappointed we aren't recruiting Ibitoye. He really was a stand out for Tel Aviv Heat and looked to have rediscovered his love for the sport as well.

Can’t tell if you’re joking or not here. 😂😂

Shouldn’t have left Quins, maybe a Gustard issue but also did himself no favours when offered a return there. Apparently didn’t do himself any favours in France with his attitude and has a major fall from grace to where he is now.
Some of the worst defence I have seen in a premiership winger but undoubtedly has star potential going forward.
Will surely be going very cheap and I would also have a look at him if Minozzi and Watson are off.
I also don’t think we can retain Mills, and don’t think there is any room for charity with offering him a new deal and nursing him back to full fitness.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2022, 03:31:37 PM »
His past is just that. We all make mistakes. I should never have stayed on in school past O Levels. I know that now. He likely knows the mistakes he made.

A very Wadesque type of player, albeit a bit chunkier. Always looking for the ball, pops up everywhere, but in the Premiership, only Wasps and Quins offer a home for that type of player. Defence? No worse than Wade. He certainly isn't very tall, much the same as Wade. One handed ball carrying always worries me ...

But, yes, as long as he comes on sensible money, I would have him.