Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 5864 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2022, 07:56:32 PM »
Thought at half time we were heading for a cricket score but bloody hell that had me drinking fast!!
Let me tell you something cucumber

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2022, 07:57:06 PM »
That was a strange game...

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2022, 07:57:52 PM »
Biarritz are not mugs. They came out all guns blazing after half time. They looked entirely different. Some posters here say we had gone to sleep, not so I think. 
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2022, 07:58:42 PM »
Second half was embarrassing. We should have been at least 36-8 up at half time but only got to 39 by the end having let them get to only 3 points behind.

First up tackling abysmal. Kick chase poor.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2022, 07:58:49 PM »
A win is a win, pretty good 1st half, absolutely shocking 2nd half. We do it very often and Lee needs to sort it, Dai couldn’t. 10 is a problem for me, we have no game control that a 10 should dictate, especially on front foot ball, which is what we had tonight, our pack was so dominant.

13thWarrior

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2022, 07:59:02 PM »
Yes we weren't as good as in the 2nd half but Biarritz were a different team. Needed to control possession more, many of the kick exchanges we lost. Also couldn't do right by the ref for the first 25 of the first half. But will take a win.

Alo and West went very well, Millar-Mills and Harris less so. Bassett looked pissed to have been benched when he came on.

Hope Atkinson is ok.

MartinB - Radnage Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2022, 08:00:26 PM »
Phew!!! I was seriously worried at one stage. Am on painkillers after a shoulder op but had to get a beer in the third quarter.......will be out with the fairies later!!

Very glad we saw that one out. Now for Bath or Edinburgh!!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2022, 08:02:34 PM »
A win is a win, pretty good 1st half, absolutely shocking 2nd half. We do it very often and Lee needs to sort it, Dai couldn’t. 10 is a problem for me, we have no game control that a 10 should dictate, especially on front foot ball, which is what we had tonight, our pack was so dominant.

Well we've got WHW next season ;)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2022, 08:05:43 PM »
Atkinson didn't look too good.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2022, 08:07:27 PM »

Well we've got WHW next season ;)

What I have seen this season, he doesn’t need to try to hard to be first choice

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2022, 08:13:25 PM »
Agree that Atkinson looked very confident in the first 15 but that was largely taking it on by himself and getting through some gaps that he hasn’t seen in the Premiership.
The rest of the game he didn’t command the ball in a way I want to see from my 10. Fine for forwards to truck it up for a few phases but he needs to then come in and boss it. Still not seeing that In a way that Cips did or Smith now does. Even if it’s just another pass to a forward it should come from the 10, trying to create space and put people in gaps IMO. We’re still mainly playing off 9 and that has to be a coaches call, but unfortunately Robson is not buzzing around as he has in previous seasons, Porter has upped his game but it’s time to put more responsibilities onto these 10s

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2022, 08:19:06 PM »
When do we know where we are next week?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2022, 08:21:10 PM »
When do we know where we are next week?

Tomorrow at about 9.30pm . Edinburgh match kicks off at 8.00 pm

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2022, 08:22:31 PM »
The veritable cuate's egg of a game.

However, to get a W away in France is always good. We are in the last 8 and away to Edinburgh or Bath. So getting to those two should not be a problem.

Lost the plot in the second half but had enough to get over the line by a 10 pt margin. It was said that BO played well against RCT last week. Looks like they remembered that in the 2 nd. half.

The focus is now on Wuss next Saturday. One player who again put his hand up is Dan Frost. Should be handed the starting berth next week IMHO.

Alfie was a monster. With a bit more communication from Dan, he may well have ended up with 4 tries.

Must book my ticket for next week now.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2022, 08:27:44 PM »
Sorry folks, I have to take my share of the blame for that. After our fourth try I sent a message in my Wasps friends WhatsApp group about how disappointed I felt that there wasn't more fight from Biarritz and it was too easy for us. I will never send a message like that again.