Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Oh dear part 2.  (Read 4598 times)

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Oh dear part 2.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 04:36:10 PM »
I wonder what compensation will be due if the game is called off.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 04:36:34 PM »
No surprises there. This is down to Wasps seeding rather than turfing I believe. A few games on it footy wise and there will be little turf. It needs weather not constant heat.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 05:05:10 PM »
We are becoming a very poorly run organisation, we are far from the richest club in Europe we were promised 

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 05:26:49 PM »
We are becoming a very poorly run organisation, we are far from the richest club in Europe we were promised

There certainly appear to be some very strange decisions being taken.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 05:39:57 PM »
To be fair not sure what management can do with a combination of countless 7’s games (no brainier to accept to have them) and the driest summer for years. Cash is tight - fact. They are making the decisions they have to.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 06:04:57 PM »
Shugs ...  you are a hero.   

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2022, 06:40:25 PM »
To be fair not sure what management can do with a combination of countless 7’s games (no brainier to accept to have them) and the driest summer for years. Cash is tight - fact. They are making the decisions they have to.

Cash may be tight but some decisions seem to be leading towards us having to pay out (possibly) stupidly.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2022, 07:01:02 PM »
I take your point completely Neils. But to be honest I’m fed up of the football club expecting everyone to bend over backwards for them. These are people who had us in court not so long back and obviously do everything possible to undermine us. They just don’t like us and as such I have trouble drumming up any sympathy or goodwill for them.

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2022, 07:19:54 PM »
Shugs - the state of the pitch is nothing to do with the dry weather. There are sprinklers. It is entirely to do with the 7s and possibly poor preparation of the playing surface beforehand. Wasps have a responsibility to their paying tenants and gave assurances about the quality of the playing surface, and appear to have failed to deliver. Wasps knew the history before inviting the football club back and no doubt have reaped some benefit from the naming rights being taken up by the Coventry Building Society.

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2022, 07:20:35 PM »
I take your point completely Neils. But to be honest I’m fed up of the football club expecting everyone to bend over backwards for them. These are people who had us in court not so long back and obviously do everything possible to undermine us. They just don’t like us and as such I have trouble drumming up any sympathy or goodwill for them.
well said it's not like they didn't know the 7s was taking place.

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2022, 07:24:55 PM »
It’s not like wasps didn’t know there were football matches to be played, either. For which they have a regular income.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2022, 07:54:10 PM »
Shugs - the state of the pitch is nothing to do with the dry weather. There are sprinklers. It is entirely to do with the 7s and possibly poor preparation of the playing surface beforehand. Wasps have a responsibility to their paying tenants and gave assurances about the quality of the playing surface, and appear to have failed to deliver. Wasps knew the history before inviting the football club back and no doubt have reaped some benefit from the naming rights being taken up by the Coventry Building Society.
The 7’s was agreed while the football club was in Birmingham doing the nonsense they do. I’m well aware of Wasps’ commitments - my point was, as an individual I’m just not inclined to be bothered about a perceived problem surface for CCFC.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2022, 08:33:35 PM »
SBSam,

Unless they have access to untreated water chlorinated water is no substitute for rain water, but obviously better than nothing.

There’s a lot of speculation going on. We’ve no idea if there are any SLAs around pitch quality, I imagine they’re fairly difficult to write. What if there’s a continuous downpour for 48 hours and the pitch is very wet but playable? Ten days of freezing weather and the pitch is bone hard but playable?

Even if there are SLAs, we don’t know what CCFC can claim. I’d be surprised if it’s anything more than out of pocket expenses and as the game will be replayed some of those costs will be recovered.

CCFC went in to this with their eyes open and I don’t believe Wasps’ commercial team are complete idiots. I think we should stop catastrophising every time CCFC think they’ve been hard done by. 

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2022, 09:06:12 PM »
I am fairly sure someone invented under soil heating some time ago. Some things would clearly be outwith the landlords control. This feels as if it was within Wasps ability to have prepared for.