Always a Wasp

Author Topic: CCFC at St Andrews  (Read 12002 times)

Mikeuk56

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: CCFC at St Andrews
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 12:19:20 PM »
That will end in tears. More fool the Blues owners.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 12:28:16 PM »
Good. At least it is now decided. Kind of reads they didn't like Wasps terms. Wonder if we will know genuinely now the crap spouted by CovObserv.
Let me tell you something cucumber

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 12:34:24 PM »
I would assume there will be a Wasps statement at some point.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 12:54:22 PM »
There needs to be because the "other side" are already putting their spin on it.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 12:59:29 PM »
From CCFC statement:

...in order for a deal to be agreed between landlord and tenant, the conditions for the deal need to be deliverable by the tenant. What the landlord requested of CCFC’s owners and ultimately, the Club, was simply not deliverable. It can be argued that the landlord was fully aware of this.

Disingenuous.

It can be argued that the club's owners, knowing of the condition, deliberately took action that took the matter out of their hands in order to pretend they couldn't meet the condition.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 01:03:15 PM »
EFL - 'reluctantly agreed groundshare'
The EFL says its board has reluctantly agreed to allow the club to groundshare at St Andrew’s.

It has also placed a number of conditions on the club “to ensure progress is made in regard to finding a solution to getting the Club back playing in Coventry at the earliest opportunity”.

That includes a £1m bond and a quarterly review in order for the EFL to be updated on developments ahead of season 2020/21.

Is the bond to take care of Sisu getting up to silly buggers? In effect a deposit?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 01:55:11 PM »
The footy owners are currently playing a blinding game getting the national press blaming Wasps for asking too much and trying to bankrupt them.

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 01:58:07 PM »
Nick Eastwood statement in the Coventry Live coverage. SISU refused to promise no further action. Game over sadly.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 02:00:46 PM »
The wasps statement:

This process has been as frustrating for us, as it has been desperately sad for Coventry City supporters, and as damaging as it is to the city as a whole.

As everyone is aware, we made it a pre-requisite of talks that the owners would stop pursuing proceedings around the ownership of the Ricoh Arena. We understood the owners shared that desire based on the letter it sent to us.

Talks began in April and we entered those discussions in good faith. Since then we have been working to get that deal over the line and we did not halt discussions even when it emerged that the owners had filed a complaint to the European Commission as far back as February but not informed us of that.

Despite significant progress being made in the discussions, we have unfortunately been unable to reach an agreement with the owners which, putting aside the complaint to the European Commission, would deliver the fundamental principle that there would be no further proceedings about the ownership of the Ricoh Arena.

We have talked to Coventry City supporters groups to underline our position and our desire to keep the club at Ricoh Arena. We would be prepared to continue discussions at any time if the owners are prepared to agree to the principle on which we began these discussions.

The club wanted to stay at Ricoh Arena, we wanted them to remain here and all supporters’ groups wanted to secure their future here. This is a very sad day for Coventry.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 02:22:57 PM »
It's an absolute travesty.
CCFC fans don't want it, but they have my full sympathy.

I have no problem with Wasps' stance. Given what has happened since we've been at the Ricoh, I fully understand and agree with their firm footing in this matter.

I just can't understand the CCFC owners.
As I understand it, all sports clubs bleed money. The only way to make money in football is to sell the club for an inflated price.
I get that SISU feel they need the Ricoh to be able to do that, but the money they are bleeding will soon be more than the value of the stadium so they'll be out of pocket even if they get their way.

Sucks for the fans

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 04:32:40 PM »
It is sort of us or them, and that is it. Hopefully ccfc will be sold to someone more amenable.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2019, 04:41:05 PM »
Just when Mark Robins seemed to be putting a team together. I wonder if he will stay.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2019, 04:44:07 PM »
Can't help feeling I am jinxed as both a Wasps and a BCFC supporter (guilty Wendy Ball secret). I am now nervous that SISU will pop up at my favourite places to have a beer and something to eat!

BCFC under Chinese ownership, who may be ill-informed of SISU's history and previous behaviour, here's hoping they have done robust due diligence.
It was fine when I left it.....