Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Next 3 Fixtures  (Read 3919 times)

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
Next 3 Fixtures
« on: October 27, 2019, 06:12:59 PM »
Doesn't get any easier..Bath at home then Sale and Chiefs both away.
We'll need to beat Bath before losing becomes a habit.

BrackenandMacken

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Next 3 Fixtures
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 06:17:28 PM »
If my memory serves me right we've lost 17 of our last 23 meaningful rugby matches.

I think that horse may have bolted.

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 08:05:30 PM »
Big big game this weekend.  Bath can be a Jeckyll and Hyde team so I certainly hope they don't repeat this week's performance. 

Assuming he is even fit, I hope we can lift DR of captaincy duties.  I'm not sure it has benefitted him much, he hasn't played his best so far this season and some of his decisions have been disappointing.  I don't think we've been great at reading and reacting to the referee or opposition and that is affecting our ability to mould our game plan around the conditions.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 08:30:35 PM »
Yes Bath becomes a big game now. Would be nice to replicate our last two games at Chiefs and Sale after that!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 09:05:37 PM »
Big big game this weekend.  Bath can be a Jeckyll and Hyde team so I certainly hope they don't repeat this week's performance. 

Assuming he is even fit, I hope we can lift DR of captaincy duties.  I'm not sure it has benefitted him much, he hasn't played his best so far this season and some of his decisions have been disappointing.  I don't think we've been great at reading and reacting to the referee or opposition and that is affecting our ability to mould our game plan around the conditions.

totally agree

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 06:33:38 AM »
Dobbo won't relieved of his captaincy unless YoungYoung is on the pitch. It would be a massive kick in the teeth to Dan if he loses his Co-captain role after only 2 games.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 08:22:27 AM »
Dan is a very good player and just needs time to settle back into things. He has plenty of points in the bank for me.

I’m annoyed that we couldn’t find a good 2nd row player, a 12, also I’m not happy with the wingers we have, I like Bassett but the rest are not what I would say would get you into the top 6, never mind top 4.

Our front row is very good, 6 & 7 are great but we are week at 8. Again the level is not where it should be.

Finally 10, I just don’t understand why sops plays so deep.

Unfortunately too many positions where we are weak in. That is why I believe we are in trouble this season

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 08:42:56 AM »
I agree except not so worried about wingers.  Priorities fr me were a really big 8 and a huge animal in the second row where IMHO we have been underpowered for a few seasons now.  If we had such an animal in the second row I think our other second rowers would do us very well with their pace etc.

I still see 10 as a weakness.  Also, IMHO too dependent on Dan although like what I have seen of our young fella.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 06:10:03 PM »
In Bassett and Watson I think we have two great wingers backed up by Kibirige (needs to work on his defence) and Odogwu (largely unseen) and even Minozzi. So I'm ok with that. Agree re the second row. For me JL and JG is fine and beyond that we're lacking physical presence.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 06:21:38 PM »
In Bassett and Watson I think we have two great wingers backed up by Kibirige (needs to work on his defence) and Odogwu (largely unseen) and even Minozzi. So I'm ok with that. Agree re the second row. For me JL and JG is fine and beyond that we're lacking physical presence.

I remain to be convinced by our wingers as they are all small and I am concerned about their tackling ability - Josh doesn't get the service he once relished.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 06:25:46 PM »
I see Kilbrige and Watson as my starters, sadly Josh has become a one trick pony who's trick isn't very good.
Odogwu is the backups back up...I spoke of my reservations when we signed him having seen enough of him at Sale to form an opinion and his outings in a black shirt haven't altered that opinion unfortunately.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 06:36:18 PM »
Either Bassett is not being used properly or he's forgotten how to be a winger. Why is he always in midfield whenever he gets the ball? He's being used as a ball carrier rather than a fast runner.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2019, 06:42:57 PM »
Well, looks like we will get the chance to see if a top class 12 and a big lock will make a difference. Big Mac and Dan also likely to be fit and Matteo also in the mix.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/jimmy-gopperth-simon-mcintyre-wasps-17161781

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2019, 07:02:14 PM »
Don't think you can judge Bassett on the scraps he's feeding off at the minute - he's often just the last man in the line being asked to produce something out of nothing. He'll score his tries given some service.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2019, 07:07:20 PM »
Agree he's in a tough spot but so is Kilbrige and he's scored a couple that Basset couldn't even dream of. Only taking contact is a decision, there are other decisions available.