Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Last three games  (Read 5797 times)

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Last three games
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2020, 02:57:44 PM »
And where does Ashley fit into that?  With everyone back fit we once again have an embarrassment of riches across the back row.  Currently, Shields. Willis, Carr looks like our best combination, but in the event of injury to any of the above we have real strength to come in.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2020, 03:15:33 PM »
Ash is back practicing hooker as per the A game.
Let me tell you something cucumber

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2020, 06:59:36 PM »
Smashley would best serve us as a impact player coming off the bench after 60 mins.

With Taylor, Cruse and Oghre at Hooker I would rather Ashley practice at 8 so he can cover the whole of the back row effectively. It's quite possible he already scrums down at the back of the pack in training but I don't remember him playing there much.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2020, 08:42:20 PM »
Perhaps the Cruse rumours are true, and that's why Ashley is keeping the hooker practice going.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2020, 10:00:23 PM »
Ash is 33, going onto 34. He may simply be taking a step back, and whilst he's still fine cover, he may no longer be so suited to starting in the premiership. His size is really useful for 20 mins, but I don't think he could last 60+ at the pace we're currently playing. Would still be fine with seeing him on the bench though.