Always a Wasp

Author Topic: LBND in the Times this morning  (Read 6455 times)

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: LBND in the Times this morning
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2022, 12:23:08 PM »
Not from Wasps, but from someone in a position to have some knowledge (sorry for being vague, it is deliberately so).

What he's hearing is that Wuss (as we already know) are in big trouble, but there's no real concern about Wasps at the moment. Feeling is Wasps will get through this without issue. Also suggested that as Wasps voluntarily started the administration process, that may effect the potential of being relegated too (as in, it won't effect them). Hopefully it doesn't get that far anyway.
Thanks for sharing that Raggs.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2022, 12:31:59 PM »
I guess a good way of describing their knowledge would be a much higher class of rumour than most of us would get :D

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2022, 12:50:26 PM »
Not from Wasps, but from someone in a position to have some knowledge (sorry for being vague, it is deliberately so).

What he's hearing is that Wuss (as we already know) are in big trouble, but there's no real concern about Wasps at the moment. Feeling is Wasps will get through this without issue. Also suggested that as Wasps voluntarily started the administration process, that may effect the potential of being relegated too (as in, it won't effect them). Hopefully it doesn't get that far anyway.

It's a shame you have to be vague about the identity of your source, but fully understand your reasons for being so.

Hopefully this is accurate and we can all soon relax a little. Out with my mates last Saturday, several casual chief's supporters and one hardcore Quins supporter among them, they were all curious to know who I'd support if Wasps did perish, I honestly don't know if I could just shift allegiance like that, it really would leave a hole, of sorts, in my life

Yep - real dilemma. After wanting Wasps to win every game since their move to Coventry I'm not sure I would want to find a Premiership club to support. I'd probably become a Cov STH again. 

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2022, 01:05:12 PM »
Yes, thanks for sharing Raggs - interesting and somewhat reassuring. If the worst did happen I’d just be a rugby neutral. Not sure you can really switch clubs.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2022, 01:09:37 PM »
Agreed Shugs.

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2022, 01:16:03 PM »

It's a shame you have to be vague about the identity of your source, but fully understand your reasons for being so.

Hopefully this is accurate and we can all soon relax a little. Out with my mates last Saturday, several casual chief's supporters and one hardcore Quins supporter among them, they were all curious to know who I'd support if Wasps did perish, I honestly don't know if I could just shift allegiance like that, it really would leave a hole, of sorts, in my life

Yep - real dilemma. After wanting Wasps to win every game since their move to Coventry I'm not sure I would want to find a Premiership club to support. I'd probably become a Cov STH again.

At least supporting Cov wouldn't be too massive a drop in standard of rugby on offer, my local club is Plymouth Albion, I used to go to watch them frequently when they were in the championship, but since they've slid down the divisions, the product is not worth the ticket price (I think they took 50p off the price of a ticket when they were relegated from the championship......)

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2022, 01:36:35 PM »

I'd certainly become a neutral anti-Saracens fan.

While I'm happy to hear someone else believes that we'll be ok, I believe we're down to 5 days now
That feels like cutting it fine

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2022, 02:09:45 PM »

While I'm happy to hear someone else believes that we'll be ok, I believe we're down to 5 days now

I am a neutral anti-Saracens fan whenever they play, already. I only want Tigers to win vs Sarries.....

If I had to change - then I'd enjoy following my local team in Tribute Western Counties North with Stroud and Cheltenham. I might get to more actual games. And I'm on the Trust team that owns their ground.

I'm probably nearest Bath....but that's in self harm territory.....so that's off...

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2022, 03:13:55 PM »
Wow that is a difficult one, not sure I can find another club to support. Sarries is a big no but I must admit I am impressed with how McCall get the best out of is players. 100% not Tigers most probably the team I dislike the most, can't stand Tiger's supporters.

I do like the way Quins play and don't mind seeing them win but not sure that I can continue that for too long.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2022, 03:20:34 PM »
Quote from: wasps link=topic=5628.
msg96674#msg96674 date=1664541395

I am a neutral anti-Saracens fan whenever they play, already. I only want Tigers to win vs Sarries.....

If I had to change - then I'd enjoy following my local team in Tribute Western Counties North with Stroud and Cheltenham. I might get to more actual games. And I'm on the Trust team that owns their ground.

I'm probably nearest Bath....but that's in self harm territory.....so that's off...
  :) Bath fans must be contemplating switching on the assumption they won’t fold!

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2022, 04:02:41 PM »
Interesting discussion evolving on here. Living close to HW, Oirish and Queens are almost equidistant, followed by the Cheats.

I would not fancy getting to either of those and Cheats is a definite no-no.

I would probably go back to watching my local junior side playing in Souther Counties.

Wasps will be OK.

£2M for the taxman is chicken feed for several of the people involved at the top. Hopefully the current financial chaos will not screw up the refinancing.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2022, 04:21:35 PM »
I've had a liking for Glos ever since the days of Iron Mike Teague and they've been my second team ever since.   
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2022, 04:35:07 PM »

:) Bath fans must be contemplating switching on the assumption they won’t fold!
Be interesting to see....but I've only seen one Bath shirt around my way and that's the STH in my road.....TBH - it's not a bad night out if not raining and you're not driving - but I couldn't support Bath......

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2022, 07:48:06 PM »
Lawrence on BT Sport tonight, nothing new and carefully worded.

https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status/1575913875291226118?t=PIuZoXhQdC6tklCoSDAPMA&s=19

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2022, 08:37:53 PM »
I found that quite negative on a few counts. He seemed to be stressing the fact that we shouldn’t be relegated because covid is an extenuating circumstance rather than saying we won’t go into it in the first place. He’s often not very clear though. The other aspect is that some interest is in the non rugby businesses - odd.