Always a Wasp

Author Topic: cheats  (Read 7000 times)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: cheats
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2020, 05:10:56 PM »
PS - so good to see Briefcase fouling up.

I didn't watch it, although I have seen the excellent try at the end, what did/didn't he do?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 05:13:04 PM »
Tackled the 9 at the ruck before he had the ball.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2020, 05:14:15 PM »
And as for the 3 in the studio, all very pro-cheats. Those poor innocent darlings don't deserve the criticism, they kept saying and implying. Very biased.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2020, 06:28:40 PM »
The title of this thread triggered the memory of a chant that used to ring at Adams Park when I used to watch Wycombe Wanderers and one of the opposition took an obvious, or not even obvious, dive:

"Cheat fell over, cheat fell over ....."

Rather apt given the circumstances.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2020, 06:44:32 PM »
I'm really confused about the narrative around the cheats. There was constant talk of a depleted squad and even reference to "alleged" rule breaking. They were missing key internationals etc etc. This was an expensively assembled squad which Sarries accepted relegation over rather than have people dig around in. How the coaches are still in place bemuses me. They should never have been allowed to compete until back under the cap and everything won over the last few years should be handed back.

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2020, 06:55:35 PM »
+1

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2020, 06:58:07 PM »
I'm all for letting cheats defend the next title they win. It'll be the English Championship title after all!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2020, 07:07:07 PM »
+ another 1.  I have  great  difficulty in believing  the players  who claim that none of therm had any idea  at all that  there were any irregulerities in salary payements. Ooooo.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2020, 07:09:15 PM »
My 'plus 1' was for Shug's posting. I took too long typing it out.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2020, 07:47:51 PM »
When it comes to Saracens, sympathy is just a word in the dictionary between s**t and syphilis...

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2020, 08:50:52 PM »
McCall tonight:

""A lot of people have talked rubbish about us for a long time. But if you look at the squad here probably our best player was Dom Morris, and if you're telling me we're breaking the salary cap that's an interesting one."

Well, at least we can now forget about them for a season; more if there is no Championship in 20/21.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2020, 09:47:08 PM »
McCall tonight:

""A lot of people have talked rubbish about us for a long time. But if you look at the squad here probably our best player was Dom Morris, and if you're telling me we're breaking the salary cap that's an interesting one."

Well, at least we can now forget about them for a season; more if there is no Championship in 20/21.

The flippin cheek! No humility or decency. So what other possible plausible reason, besides a cover up, could of made them choose to accept relegation as opposed to have their books audited and clear their name?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 10:03:49 PM by Horusthewasp »

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2020, 10:03:34 PM »
PS - so good to see Briefcase fouling up.

He left to win things, and might well get a Championship medal next year.

He left for a pay cut according to Sarries fans. It was balls, but  he might get it if they don't play their games.....

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2020, 10:30:05 PM »
Just a thought - given the current C19 situation, will there be any Champioship rugby next season?

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2020, 11:04:23 PM »
So, if we are to imagine a situation where the 2020/21 Championship season is cancelled entirely and the Premiership season goes ahead as planned (or a little later than planned as reported in tomorrow's press), the logical solution to the promotion / relegation conundrum that this would throw up would be to scrap relegation from the Premiership for a season as no Championship team will have earned the right to replace them. In seasons gone by, Newcastle or Irish or Worcester or Bristol (or even Northampton and Quins going back a bit further) would've just had to suck it up. Why do I suspect a solution will be found that allows for Sarries immediate return to the Premiership??