Always a Wasp

Author Topic: cheats  (Read 7000 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: cheats
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2020, 04:04:47 PM »
Oof that's a tough call. Daly in his prime no question I'd have in our squad. No question.

Right no however? Including his shocking behaviour on field, conceding penalties and throwing people around off the ball, not a chance he'd get a place in our squad. More of a liability than a lion sadly.

I'm not convinced Daly in his prime ever existed. 

I think when he was with us he started off as a youngster with a huge amount of potential and bucketloads of talent, he spent a few years not really realising his potential and throwing the odd strop.  Then when he finally settled down and started to actually develop towards the player we all knew he could one day be he started behaving like a complete prima donna, fell off tackles, and lived off his international reputation more than his performances with us.

Yes he had moments of pure brilliance, but other than his long range boot he rarely brought much to our game in any reliable way. When he finally left most of us were glad to see the back of him.

If there was ever a prime example of Dai picking players on reputation regardless of how well they delivered on the field it wss Daly.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2020, 04:40:07 PM »
There's been a lot of talk on various Wasps Facebook page that revelling in Sarries misery is not in the ethos of the game. Thing is, what they did wasn't in the bloody ethos of the game and neither is their carrying on as if they've not really done much wrong. I agree with previous posters here that all of the coaching staff should have received some sort of punishment and for me, there is no punishment too great for the club as a whole, I really would be quite happy to see them die off as a club after what they've done.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2020, 05:37:28 PM »
Oof that's a tough call. Daly in his prime no question I'd have in our squad. No question.

Right no however? Including his shocking behaviour on field, conceding penalties and throwing people around off the ball, not a chance he'd get a place in our squad. More of a liability than a lion sadly.

I'm not convinced Daly in his prime ever existed. 

I think when he was with us he started off as a youngster with a huge amount of potential and bucketloads of talent, he spent a few years not really realising his potential and throwing the odd strop.  Then when he finally settled down and started to actually develop towards the player we all knew he could one day be he started behaving like a complete prima donna, fell off tackles, and lived off his international reputation more than his performances with us.

Yes he had moments of pure brilliance, but other than his long range boot he rarely brought much to our game in any reliable way. When he finally left most of us were glad to see the back of him.

If there was ever a prime example of Dai picking players on reputation regardless of how well they delivered on the field it wss Daly.
Yes, agree with that. There was about half a season just prior to England selection when he was playing 13 where he looked really good. Once the England selection happened it all went downhill with a mixture of arrogance and experiments with position. The kindest thing I'd say now is that he's a natural fit for Sarries.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2020, 05:37:57 PM »
I'm content with revelling in Saracens misery but as a liberal I do feel a genuine pity to the Saracens supporters who are ashamed of their clubs cheating as it really could of happened to any club who was owned by a selfish, win at all costs, chancer in the vein of Nigel Wray.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2020, 05:41:52 PM »
I'm content with revelling in Saracens misery but as a liberal I do feel a genuine pity to the Saracens supporters who are ashamed of their clubs cheating as it really could of happened to any club who was owned by a selfish, win at all costs, chancer in the vein of Nigel Wray.

Hear hear!
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2020, 05:47:25 PM »
coddy,
Sadly, I know (the) two Saracens supporters and neither of them has shown the slightest upset at what the club and its management have stood for these last five years. "We'll come straight back up" was the response from one of them FFS. Needless to say, I shan't be bothering with either of them in the future.