Always a Wasp

Author Topic: cheats  (Read 7004 times)

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: cheats
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2020, 11:41:15 PM »
. Why do I suspect a solution will be found that allows for Sarries immediate return to the Premiership??

I see what you mean but I can’t see any legal way to justify this based on the scenario you set out. It would be unlawful and there is no current regulation that would permit this. If Ealing threatened legal action after the decision to promote Newcastle earlier this year (and there were justifiable reasons to support the promotion), I can’t see how the remaining 11 Championship teams will take it lying down if Sarries were promoted back up as you said.

Then again logic doesn’t always prevail with the ‘higher powers’ ...

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2020, 12:20:18 AM »
If Leicester finish bottom — and that has to be a distinct possibility— then promotion/relegation arguments could get very interesting.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2020, 12:33:52 AM »
Would I be right in thinking most sympathies here would lie with Tigers if that were to be the case?

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2020, 08:28:03 AM »
Leicester can't finish bottom this season, or do you mean next season? If so then of course they won't have our sympathy and should be relegated just like any other team despite their fan base.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2020, 08:45:11 AM »
Leicester can't finish bottom this season, or do you mean next season? If so then of course they won't have our sympathy and should be relegated just like any other team despite their fan base.

But if there were to be no Championship season then who would replace them?

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2020, 08:50:00 AM »
Ealing??

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2020, 09:03:44 AM »
While I'm concerned that the cheats will be allowed to escape the consequences of their prolonged, systematic cheating, I'm not going to worry about that for now.

I'm simply going to enjoy them having lost.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2020, 10:24:30 AM »
+1

I think the pundits fawning over them sickening, the EAs systematically cheated the system at the cost of other teams/players/supporters and there are people who still think they have been wronged.

To quote the late great Brian Clough;

"As far as I'm concerned you can throw all those medals you've won in the bin, because you won them all by cheating"
It was fine when I left it.....

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2020, 12:12:21 PM »
+1

I think the pundits fawning over them sickening, the EAs systematically cheated the system at the cost of other teams/players/supporters and there are people who still think they have been wronged.

To quote the late great Brian Clough;

"As far as I'm concerned you can throw all those medals you've won in the bin, because you won them all by cheating"

Yes indeed - The most sickening thing is some Sarries fans who are trying a new line - certainly in the Guardian comments - "we had greater ambitions" "the Prem titles didn't mean much" "perhaps we can go play in Pro 14" "you can't prove everyone else wasn't cheating too"

Too many are saying we're over reacting.......I've let it go, but when Sarries fans are taking the piss then its hard not to react.....

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2020, 06:39:14 PM »
The reason this is happening is that no sanctions of any type were made against the coaching staff, who still blather on about the wonderful Sarries culture.
The culling of McCall and Sanderson would have changed a few attitudes.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2020, 10:20:51 AM »
PS - so good to see Briefcase fouling up.

He left to win things, and might well get a Championship medal next year.

He left for a pay cut according to Sarries fans. It was balls, but  he might get it if they don't play their games.....

That was a statement floating around at the time.

Dai said in an interview that it wasn't true.

I believe from statements etc that he went for less than Wasps offered him to stay but it wasn't less than he was on. I think we dodged a bullet with him leaving as I can't think of anyone I'd drop to put him the matchday 23.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2020, 10:36:48 AM »
Don't confuse Daly's official salary with what he actually gets after various other bits and pieces are taken into account...

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2020, 10:48:37 AM »
I think we dodged a bullet with him leaving as I can't think of anyone I'd drop to put him the matchday 23.

Damn right, andermt.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2020, 10:51:43 AM »
The reason this is happening is that no sanctions of any type were made against the coaching staff, who still blather on about the wonderful Sarries culture.
The culling of McCall and Sanderson would have changed a few attitudes.

Must be easy to have a winning culture when you can afford to employ more than half of the Lions pack and at least three likely Lions starters in the backs......

One so called fan suggested their Prem titles didn't mean much after the first......I rose to the bait.....

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2020, 11:04:45 AM »
Oof that's a tough call. Daly in his prime no question I'd have in our squad. No question.

Right no however? Including his shocking behaviour on field, conceding penalties and throwing people around off the ball, not a chance he'd get a place in our squad. More of a liability than a lion sadly.