Always a Wasp

Author Topic: england  (Read 5991 times)

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
england
« on: February 05, 2022, 06:55:07 PM »
the other nations are desperate that mental Eddie keeps his job 

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: england
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 06:58:46 PM »
LCD single handedly handed momentum and the result to Scotland due to his stupidity. How he got all the way to the test team and did not know what he did would result in that is beyond me. Wider than that due to Eddie not really knowing how to create stability or consistency we have a wonderfully talented team 2 years behind in development and struggling to catch up. It was this that showed as Scotland saw it out and we could not find a way to win. The RFU board who kept him on and Eddie Jones deserve most of the blame.

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 07:00:39 PM »
57 old farts

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 07:05:13 PM »
I'm not interested in england any more, what a great win for Wasps today,

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 07:13:21 PM »
Odd game. England's forwards kept them in the game but the backs selection seemed to mean that unless it was a kick or Smith had the ball, there was little on offer.

Scotland's forwards were a little under powered, but their ball in hand was quality. I thought that England were given the rub of the officiating green too often and probably scored their try off a ref error.....England tired to play their power wave game but also using the wider channels. The players with credit were Nick I and Ludlam up front and Smith and Malins behind. Young was good too - but what might have been a slightly pulled together team but packed with experience, seemed not to have a coherent plan or strategy.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 07:17:54 PM »
I was thinking how tedious it was to watch when Brian Moore announced how much he was enjoying the game. He was there so getting a different perspective, but as a TV spectacle it was hard work.

England looked lacklustre, and so did Alfie today. I wonder if they're all over trained and tired? The mental one is always saying how much fitter they need to be at that level so perhaps that's why he keeps breaking players?

And now for my pet peeve. What is it with TV directors of international rugby that makes them keep cutting away to fans, often drunken idiots making fools of themselves? The BBC Wales director is the worst. If I want to watch drunken idiots making fools of themselves I'll go in to the local town on a Saturday night.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022, 07:32:21 PM »
TCUP...Eddie Jones does not have to create the idea, or even work out how to develop it. Woodward developed it over 2 decades ago. Problem is Eddie Jones is not good or capable enough to take us to a six nations anymore, and certainly not a world cup. We need to offload him as soon as possible.

ardenwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 07:49:22 PM »
England were ten times better than Wales!
They were utterly hopeless.

Iceni

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 08:04:44 PM »
Just about the dumbest set of substitutions around the 65 minute mark. England had all the play, the set piece was going well, and defensively we were well in control. So he swaps half the pack, and stand off, thus taking out all of the momentum we had and throwing the game away.

Utterly stupid!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2022, 08:25:21 PM »
Arrogance. England had the game won but made terrible substitutions as they thought it was done. First half Youngs kept kicking deep in their half when keeping ball in hand would probably have got us a try. We just lacked ideas and our backs were fairly pedestrian. Why on earth did Eddie not put Dombrandt at 8. One thing I do agree with him about is that Simmonds does not have the physicality to be an international 8. Thought Ludlam and Curry were ok but generally we were not very inventive.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2022, 08:35:21 PM »
And why did they make Marler take a crucial throw in on their own 5m instead of sending George on, who was going to have to come on anyway. 

BdeB

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2022, 08:38:57 PM »
And why did they make Marler take a crucial throw in on their own 5m instead of sending George on, who was going to have to come on anyway.
Presumably George could only come on to replace the sin binned player for a scrum. Bringing him on for a line out would have meant a permanent substitution. Might still have been the right call.

hopwood

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2022, 08:43:00 PM »

Yup.
Dunning Kruger Effect.
Way overestimated their ability and potential.
A bit arrogant, to be honest.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2022, 10:02:38 PM »
England won a load of ball and when offered to the backs - seemed unable to do anything with it. Martin Gleeson as attack coach would surely have offered more than what was on offer.

Was he stymied by Jones perhaps? Give Wasps usual backline that much ball and we'd have won that game?

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2022, 10:11:28 PM »
The biggest obstacle to England's development is Eddie Jones. He did his best, but where we need to go exceeded his ability 3 seasons ago. There is a saying "bu**sh*t baffles brains". Both Eddie Jones and Boris Johnson are masters at it and that is why they have been in place far longer than they really ever deserved to be.